Non-Immigrant Visa

These are temporary permits given to certain categories of workers, students, and visitors to enter and reside in the United States for a limited time.  Ms. Mehta can assist with filing the paperwork for the following types of non-immigrant visas: 

  • E-1 and E-2 Visas:  These visas are granted to foreign nationals who come to the United States for the purpose of engaging or investing in substantial trade between the United States and the country of the applicant’s nationality.
  • H-1B Visa:  This visa allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations for up to six years.  Holders of this visa may apply for a Green Card with a H1B sponsor.  Spouses and dependent children of an H1-B visa holder are allowed to enter the United States on an H4 visa. 
  • H-2B Visa:  This visa allows nonprofessional workers to work in the US on a temporary or seasonal basis for up to one year. 
  • H-3B Visa:  This visa allows a foreign national to come to the United States for the purpose of job training with a U.S. company.
  • J-1 Visa:  This visa is issued to exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the United States.  Applicants can be sponsored by a private sector or government program.
  • L-1 Visa:  This visa allows a person to work in the United States for an employer who is closely related to the applicant’s current employer.  The applicant must be employed as an executive, a manager, or an employee with specialized knowledge. 
  • P-1 and P- 2 Visas:  These visas are given to entertainers, circus artists, and athletes who are coming to the United States to perform at a specific competition or event.
  • TN1 Visa:  This type of temporary work permit is reserved for Canadian and Mexican nationals only who fit within a list of approved job categories.  The employer must apply for this visa on your behalf.  

Waivers for Inadmissibility

Some people are not allowed to enter or stay in the United States due to certain crimes and conditions.  For inadmissible conditions such as visa overstays, health related issues or a conviction for a crime involving moral turpitude, Ms. Mehta can file a waiver request on your behalf for review by immigration officials to permit the grant of the visa being sought. 

Citizenship and Naturalization

This is the process by which a Lawful Permanent Resident can apply for citizenship.  An immigration attorney will complete your petition for naturalization and prepare you for the naturalization test and the interview with the USCIS.
Member of
American Immigration Lawyers Association