Immigrant Visas 

Family-based Immigration and Green Cards

As an immigration attorney, Ms. Mehta will help you bring your family together through assisting you with marriage-based immigration or immigration of other family members under the following routes:

  • K-1 Visa:  This visa allows the fiancée or fiancé of a United States citizen to enter the United States for the purpose of marriage.  Once the couple marries, the foreign citizen can adjust status to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
  • K-3 Visa:  This visa permits the spouse of a United States citizen to lawfully enter the United States.  Once this visa is granted, the spouse can apply to become a United States citizen.
  • Permanent Residence (Green Card) Sponsorship for Family Members:  A Green Card serves as proof that its holder is a Lawful Permanent Resident who has permission to reside and work in the United States.  One of the ways to obtain a Green Card is through sponsorship by a United States citizen who qualifies to sponsor you as a family member.

Employment-based Immigration and Green Cards

Another route to obtaining a Green Card requires an employer to sponsor an immigrant through an offer of employment.  Ms. Mehta helps employers and investors file the necessary paperwork to sponsor immigrant employees in the following five types of employment-based visas:

  • EB-1 Visa:  This visa is given to foreign nationals who are considered priority workers in three categories: 1) Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; 2) Foreign nationals that are outstanding professors or researchers with at least three years of experience in teaching or research and who have international recognition; 3) Foreign nationals that are managers and executives subject to international transfer to the United States.
  • EB-2 Visa:  This visa is provided to professionals holding advanced degrees (Ph.D., Master’s Degree, or at least five years of progressive experience after a Bachelor’s Degree) or to persons of exceptional ability in sciences, arts, or business.
  • EB-3 Visa:  This visa is given to skilled workers, professionals, and other workers.
  • EB-4 Visa:  This visa is given to certain special immigrants, such as ministers, religious workers, current or former U.S. government workers.
  • EB-5 Visa:  This visa is provided to immigrant investors who are willing to invest $1 million in a new or existing business in the United States that employs at least 10 full time U.S. workers.